Tuesday Tip Day | Reduce Your Risk
Ways To Help Reduce Your Risk For Breast Cancer
It is never too late to learn the many different ways to help reduce your risk for Breast Cancer. Even if no one in your family has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, the 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime, statistic still applies.
Here is a list of helpful ideas to consider that will help lower your risk for Breast Cancer:
* Make a mammogram appointment if you haven’t had one in a while.
* Every month you should do a breast self-exam. There are two parts to this exam. The first part is looking and the second part is touching. Websites like Bright Pink, offer step-by-step instructions on how to do an accurate self-exam. The organization also offers monthly breast self-exam reminders that can be sent directly to your phone.
* Maintain a healthy weight.
* Stay physically active—the American Cancer Society recommends a daily workout of 30 minutes, which also includes walking.
* Avoid consuming too much alcohol.
* If you are a new mother, breastfeeding 1+ years has several benefits for you and your child.
* Consume more fruits and vegetables each day. The top fruits and vegetables for great health include citrus, berries, cherries, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, spinach and tomatoes.
* Maintaining a positive outlook helps your body maintain a healthy balance and will help you make healthy decisions.
Even though the statistics sound scary, if you take the time to maintain a healthy lifestyle while taking the time to stay informed and conduct your self-exams each month—the survival rate for those who discover they have breast cancer at an early stage is 98%.
It is important to note
that for younger women, it is common to feel lumps each month around your menstruation cycle. Lumps that you have not felt before and that feel harder that the breast tissue, like a frozen pea, are a concern. Other symptoms may include persistent itching, nipple discharge or any other major changes in your breasts like change in size or shape. If you experience any of these or are not sure, always make an appointment with your doctor.
It is important to know your breasts so you can recognize any changes…so ladies start feeling your boobs
Support the cause and shop
for bras! - Use code THINKPINK
for 15% off storewide! 15% of sale proceeds will be given to The Foundation for Living Beauty
The Little Bra Company
Tuesday Tip Day | Reduce Your Risk Ways To Help Reduce Your Risk For Breast Cancer It is never too late to learn the many different ways to help reduce your risk for Breast Cancer. Even if no one in your family has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, the...