30-DAY EXCHANGE/REFUND POLICY
Petite Styling Tip #3 – Proportion is key!
Do you love bold fun prints, or the classic and sophisticated stripe, or maybe you’re an accessories gal and love to layer? Have you had trouble pairing these bolder looks with your petite frame? Struggle no more! Petite women shouldn’t feel their size limits their style. Having a smaller frame doesn’t mean you can’t wear prints, or stripes, or fun and flirty accessories. As a petite fashionista, you just need to understand that the key to these bolder looks is proportion!!
Let's talk prints!
There are some fabulous prints out there! From animal to geometric to floral; there is a print for every season and every personality. No matter her preference a petite gal shouldn’t feel as though she can’t explore the world of print. When diving into these bold and eye-popping patterns remember that having a smaller frame means you should focus on smaller prints or pick and choose how you feature the print in an outfit. The rule of thumb, when judging a print size, is to make sure it is smaller than your fist! That way in won’t overpower your frame.
A great example from Extrapetite.com below!
Let's talk stripes!
There are two key rules to keep in mind when choosing striped looks. The first- stay subtle! Large wide stripes tend to overpower the petite frame and can look out of place on petite ladies! The second rule - remember to use the power of the stripe in moderation. Be sure to pick and choose where you feature stripes in your outfit or even on a single piece. A subtle and simple striped look goes a lot farther on the petite frame. Bonus tip, pairing a simple stripe with a bold single-color piece can really make the stripe pop!
See this great example from yummistyle.com below
Let's talk accessories!
Alright ladies let's talk bangles, baubles, studs, and staples! We all know the perfect accessory can make or break a look and, if we are honest, our accessory drawer(s) are getting a little full. When it comes to accessories on the petite frame it is important to remember that you are wearing the jewelry, the jewelry is not supposed to be wearing you! With this in mind the TLBC team has some tips for petite accessorizing.
First, choose whether you’re dressing your accessories or accessorizing your outfit. A look can be based around some key jewelry staples or you can choose some complementary pieces to complete the look. As a petite lady be sure to stick to this choice once it’s made! If you have a favorite necklace dress to compliment it. If you are wearing your favorite deep-v dress, find the perfect subtle dangle earring to match! Second, be kind to your smaller frame and don’t weigh it down with large, cumbersome pieces. Large statement pieces can end up taking over a look can be too strong on a petite silhouette.
See Selena Gomez complimenting the casual chic look with dangle earrings and a bold cuff!
Petite ladies should never feel as though their style is hindered by their size. The key is keeping everything in proportion. It’s the little things that make the moment anyway... right ladies!?
The Little Bra Company
"Good posture is a must!"
Bad posture is an act that many of us have been guilty of committing. It's hard not to let those shoulders fall forward in a slouch in the lovely office chair at work, or in the car during the always ridiculous traffic, and even at home during your favorite show. More so, as women we are more inclined to slouch our shoulders because our chest weights us down a bit more than most men. Slouch no more ladies!
Allowing ourselves to fall into bad posture habits make our breasts appear smaller and can even lead to more sagging over time! Bad posture also affects the appearance of your neckline and curves your back in an unattractive way. Slouching can also lead to long-term vertebra problems and back pain.
These negative qualities can easily be fixed by adopting better posture habits. Standing up straight with your shoulders held slightly back will help you immediately see a difference in your appearance. Your breasts will appear fuller and perkier than before, and by standing to your full height you will look and feel taller and thinner than before. A simple lift of the shoulders and straightening of the spine can alter your look and your confidence!
Bonus…the correct fitting bra can help improve your posture! Not only will the correct bra help give you the shape you want it can help ease back and neck pain and improve your posture in the long-term. When you find the right size your straps should be sitting comfortably on your shoulders, and the breast support should be evenly distributed between the band and the straps! Not sure about your size see our sizing guide here!
Some great posture correcting exercises are:
- Yoga – the poses and stretches will help increase flexibility and dexterity as well as strengthen your back muscles and promote correct posture.
- Pilates – Pilates will help strengthen your core muscles making your back stronger and ultimately help you naturally lift and position yourself correctly.
Here are a few tips you can use to help improve your posture right now!
- Squeeze those shoulders! – Every hour or so squeeze your shoulder back and together. Not only does this stretch feel great, it will help check your posture!
- Reach for the stars! – With your hands linked stretch your hands above your head. This will elongate your back and naturally lift you into the correct posture!
So ladies shoulders back, head tall, and chest out!
The Little Bra Company
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started!"
It’s the dreaded Monday again. Don't let the week pass you by ladies! As they say, the early bird catches the worm; so start the week off right and get a jump start on all those errands, projects and paperwork that's been piling up. We know you can do it!
It can all be overwhelming and sometimes it is easier to put things aside or find excuses for why things can’t get done! Trust us...we get it! Instead of facing the daunting task of tackling everything on your to-do list how about picking one task and devoting this week to getting it started.
Taking it step by step and focusing on the small accomplishments will help to keep you focused and not too overwhelmed. Whether it's a new workout schedule, a big project at work, or a home improvement plan get it started this week, and you will be ahead of the game before you know it!
Just get started ladies, the beginning is often the hardest part!
The TLBC Team
“Enjoy Your Own Company”
This Monday, the TLBC team, wants to take a moment to remind you to “Enjoy your own company.”
It is important to take time to be alone and to enjoy the tranquility that comes with time spent by yourself. Learning to enjoy and thrive on your own can help you better appreciate the time with those you love as well as make you a stronger and more confident person.
Maybe you have a quiet night at home, maybe a long relaxing bath with your favorite glass of wine, or maybe you simply take a walk; whatever your choice, give yourself some quality time with yourself! Even a brief moment can help re-engerize you and bring a positive light to difficult situations!
So revel in your own company this week ladies…because let’s be honest…you’re fabulous!
The weekend is upon us, and the TLBC Team is ready to let loose a little!
A weekend favorite here at TLBC is Girls Night Out!! We love a night devoted to some good ole female fun. A night of looking fabulous, boy gushing and/or crushing, and a few cocktails for those of us who enjoy them!
Today we would like to share a few of our favorite girly cocktails! These drinks are all things feminine, fruity, and flirty, making them the perfect choice.
1. The Stiletto
I mean really, the name alone makes it the perfect choice! But even without the killer name this drink is 100% girly and 100% delicious! There are a few versions of this cocktail, below is our favorite.
Includes: Gin, blackberries, Monin vanilla syrup, lime juice and ginger ale
Full recipe here
2. Liquid Romance
The name is a little eh we know…but bear with us! For those ladies who love all things sweet and pink this is the drink for you. It is also a great Valentines Day drink!
Includes: Currant flavored vodka, champagne, raspberry schnapps, and lime juice
Full recipe here
3. Loose Goose –
This is for all those calorie conscience ladies. If you want to enjoy a cocktail with your girls but don’t want to ruin that diet your FINALLY sticking to, or if you simply enjoy a lighter drink, this is the perfect choice!
Includes: Grey Goose vodka, mountain blast powerade, and sprite (Change the powerade to change the flavor and color!)
Full recipe here
4. Pink Lady –
Drum roll, please… This is the TLBC Team favorite! This scrumptious cocktail is all class and totally kicks shhhh. A little harder to make but totally worth the effort, the Pink Lady is sure to make your Friday FABULOUS!
Includes: Gin, applejack, grenadine, fresh squeezed lemon, egg white
Full recipe here
Petite Styling Tip #1 – Start with good foundations!
No matter if you are a AA or a DD the correct fitting bra can transform your look and your confidence. For petite ladies, the right fit can help add that extra oomph in that deep-v wrap dress or smooth and lift the girls to help add a feminine feel to your best work suit.
Ideally we should have a fitting for the ladies every 6 months! Of course, we understand that you will not always have the chance or time to be fitted ...so be sure you are “doing the scoop” when you put your bra on every morning and are hand-washing your current lingerie whenever possible! This will ensure you are getting the ultimate shape and support for as long as possible!
TLBC also knows that not every bra goes with every outfit. It’s not always easy to look fabulous, we know! Making sure you have the perfect strapless style for your favorite summer dress or a comfy and flattering t-shirt bra for your casual Saturday look are both essential finds! That is why the TLBC collection features a wide array of styles and colors to fulfill all the petite fashionista’s needs.
Here is a couple of our go-to styles!
This deep-plunge style is our bestseller and is available in 8 colors! With convertible straps and contoured padding, this style is versatile and will give a natural cleavage-enhancing look. The lace overlay is great as a sexy peek-a-boo detail and will be sure to add a little something extra to your favorite looks. Because it is a plunging style the cups are slightly closer set so be sure to “do the scoop” and if you find your breasts are wider set try our “Ethel” style for a similar look and flattering shape!
This full coverage demi-cup style is a great t-shirt bra that offers both a nude and black strap option for ultimate versatility and style. This style also features removable padding allowing you to control the shape and lift of the cup to best fit your outfit. The Julia band does fit a bit snugger so for those of you who are inbetween band sizes you may want to try the larger band!
A new edition to our collection, the Slip/Chemise, is a must-have basic! Available in both black and nude this flattering body hugging slip will give you smooth lines and a feminine shape underneath your favorite dress or skirt. With a built in Lucia bra, this lingerie piece fits and flatters just like our bestselling “Lucia” style and will leave you feeling comfortable and sexy all day long!
Happy New Year!
It is officially resolution time ladies! How many of you are going to start working out more this year? Anyone aiming to eat healthier? Or maybe you are finally going to limit your daily coffee intake? Well, you're not alone…the TLBC Team has been busy writing down their resolutions both the realistic and the ridiculous. This year we have decided to compile a TLBC Resolution list. A list of TLBC To-Do’s if I may.
This list contains our plans for the year and as a team we are determined to see it through to the end! Don’t worry fans we will be documenting our progress for all to see. Prepare yourself for a little laughter, maybe a few tears, and a little something special from the ladies of TLBC!
TLBC 2014 Resolutions
- Find your fit!
- TLBC is determined to help petite women find their perfect bra! This year we are going to focus on supplying our fans with as many fit tips as possible for our many different styles. Every woman deserves to feel feminine, comfortable, and sexy in her lingerie, and 2014 is the year to make that happen!
- Love the Little Moments
- Sometimes life gets away from us, and we get caught up in busy day-to-day activities. This year TLBC is all about experiencing the little moments. We have a lot of exciting things planned for the year ahead, and we vow to take the time to commemorate and celebrate each one with our fans!
- A-Team favorites
- It is time to get to know the “A-team!” We here at TLBC love talking to our customers and getting to hear about what you like, what you want, and what brought you to TLBC. This year we want to help you get to know us. 2014 is all about sharing TLBC Team favorites. We will be posting tips, products, and stories that we think every TLBC fan should hear. Prepare yourself for a behind the scenes look at The Little Bra Company!
- Celebrate Petite
- The world of petites is slowly but surely gaining the recognition and acknowledgement it deserves. With so many petite ladies out there, it is about time the world of fashion started to design with this growing segment in mind! This year TLBC is about celebrating all things petite. Featuring developments in fashion, film, and products TLBC will be bringing you the best in petite news!
The Christmas countdown is in full effect!
With only 9 days until the big day we are all running around hunting down the perfect gift. That special something that is both thoughtful and useful, that grand gesture that will make you stand out, or maybe that perfect little something that is both fun and affordable (not the easiest thing to find).
The TLBC team feels your holiday shopping pain! As we all search high and low for presents and knick-knacks to make this Christmas the best one ever, we here at TLBC have put together a list of our Top 5 must haves this holiday season -
1. Essential Oil Diffuser- Our sense of smell is an incredibly powerful thing and can enhance a mood or event. The fresh pine sent and the warm inviting smell of apple cider, for example, are bringing a sense of cheer to the TLBC office this holiday season. It’s these wonderful feelings that inspired our first pick the Essential Oil Diffuser...
2. Wristlet/Mini-purse– Have you been knocked into by a big purse or two yet this holiday season? We sure have! It's true these bottomless Mary Poppins bags do tend to fit our entire lives and have the tendency to save the day in many a fashion emergency; but as much as we appreciate every nook and cranny of these bags a lady needs something smaller! This season the TLBC Team is loving our mini purses and wristlets! In support of something smaller this season we made these are second holiday must-have...
3. Nail Polish Set- Like most women the TLBC Team has its girly girl moments and we do so love having a reason to dress up and pamper ourselves. I little glitter, a little glitz, and a little glamour is always fun! One of our favorite girly details this season is nails! Nail art has seemed to take on a life of its own and we are LOVING it! In support of this new obsession must have number 3 is Nail Polish Sets...
4. Sugar Paper - Sometimes simple is best. When it comes to gift giving this is a mantra to live by! While everyone can appreciate big and elaborate often times a simple gift can mean just as much. This season The Little Bra Company has found our perfect and simple gifts at a wonderful company called Sugar Paper Los Angeles. Full of some of the most gorgeous stationary and paper products we have seen, and based in our lovely hometown of Los Angeles, Sugar Paper is the place to find simple and sweet gifts for your friends and family alike. Bonus – they have a target collection!! Target Collection
5. A Little Something Special - The Holiday season is all about sharing cheer and great memories with friends and family alike. It is about sharing special little moments with those we love and enjoying your time together. The TLBC Team thinks that every woman deserves a little something special this season. Something just for them, and their special someone, to enjoy. This holiday season TLBC has some wonderful vibrant jewel toned sets that are perfect for that special holiday moment between you and the one you love! It’s a gift you’ll both appreciate, we promise! Lucia Set – Emerald/Sapphire , Lucia Set – Red , Tonia Set - Emerald , Lucia Babydoll – Amethyst/Sapphire